Explore Our Nonprofit Partners
Explore Our Nonprofit Partners
Search by Cause Area
Catie's Closet, Inc
Kodia Baye-Cigna , Program Director - Boston
63 Sprague St.
Boston, Massachusetts 02136
Catie's Closet improves student's attendance, emotional well-being, grade progression and ultimately, graduation rates. We accomplish these goals by providing in-school access to clothing and basic necessities to students who are homeless, living in poverty or low income.
- Catie’s Closet serves low-income male and female public-school students in Pre-K through 12th Grade.
- Our target schools have more than 50% of students who meet federal poverty level criteria.
- Catie’s Closet reaches beyond our partner schools’ campuses by providing clothing to other vulnerable children in the community.
- We seek creative ways to support children's foster care and families who are new or underserved arrivals in the partner communities.
- Simple, Immediate, and Discreet. Students can be self-conscious about asking for help. School staff invite children in need to visit the Closet privately, during school hours. Kids select clothes that make them feel comfortable and confident. They can take as much as they need, when they need it and return to school immediately. Other models require intervention by social services and transportation to a facility.
- Far-Reaching. Our “hub” and spoke model can efficiently reach an entire school system, and can help improve the effectiveness of many school-specific initiatives. Many interventions (e.g., “adopt-a-school” partnerships) impact kids in only one school or a few schools.
- Relevant. Clothing is aesthetically presented and arranged by size with a variety of current styles refreshed seasonally and with trends. Our volunteers are trained by retail experts, and are vigilant about assessing and sorting current, age-appropriate styles. This ensures each Closet is a well-organized and welcoming place where kids want to “shop” for what they need.
Watch a video about Catie's Closet, Inc!
Currently, Catie's Closet is providing critical toiletries to children and families through emergency meal sites designated ...
Clean out your Closet for a good cause!Â We are a donation-based company and rely on ...
Currently, Catie's Closet is providing critical toiletries to children and families through emergency meal ...
The Ambassador program combines leadership with a service opportunity for high school students who are passionate about the mission of Catieâ€™s Closet. Ambassadors volunteer their time by hosting ...
3 - 4+ hrs
We kick off your volunteer experience with a short tour around our facilities, sharing our story and our impact. Then we work with your group to sort, fold, and hang items that will ultimately end ...
Create the Change® partners with nonprofit organizations that we believe offer age-appropriate service opportunities for youth and families. All of our partners sign a collaboration agreement promising to provide age-appropriate activities in a safe environment.
Create the Change® does not run, host, or facilitate the service opportunities seen here, nor are we responsible in any way for the management (financial or otherwise) of the organizations we feature.
Always be sure to do your own research on the nonprofit organization and service opportunities available to make sure it's a good fit for you before getting started. You may find the organization's contact information on their profiles.